District Head Office
In 1949, as a result of the integration of Travancore and Cochin, the Police Forces in these States were combined and placed under one Inspector - General of Police. In order to achieve uniformity in ranks, the Station House Officers in Travancore area were also designated as Sub - Inspectors. The Traffic and Taxation Branch and the Armed Reserve were separated and each unit was placed under a separate Superintendent of Police. The Palace Guards Unit was merged with the Police Department.